Monday, September 7, 2020

H2H - Sunflower Sunshine

 

Welcome to this week's challenge at Heart 2 Heart!

The theme this week is "WOOD You Rather..." - the focus being on projects with a wood focus. 

I chose to use the new Woodgrain paper pack as the background paper for my project. I stamped a large background stamp with Versamark ink and then embossed the image in white. I had an unusually hard time with this - this card represents attempt #6! However, with all the damaged attempts, I did have one piece that I used to cut away the inside and I used that base to outline another piece to fussy cut to fit in the centre of the card. 

In that centre section, I stamped and then masked two flowers to stamp the final flower and the leaves. They were coloured using the Tri-Blend markers and then the flowers were brushed with the Gold Shimmer Brush. The sentiment was stamped with Espresso ink and the inside section was outlined using a thin brown marker. That piece was adhered on craft foam to raise it and the Sundance cardstock was also mounted on craft foam. 


Come and join us at Heart 2 Heart and show us how you interpret the "WOOD you Rather" challenge. 

You have until the end of September to link up with this or any of the other September challenges. 

We can’t wait to see what you create! 

Product used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: Woodgrain Paper Pack, White Daisy Cardstock, Sundance Cardstock, Espresso Cardstock, Neenah Solar White Cardstock 

Stamps: Flourishing Details and Background, Bloom with Grace Cardmaking

Inks: Versamark, Espresso, Intense Black 

Accessories: White Detail Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Tri-Blend Markers, Gold and White Skinny Ribbon, Gold Glitter Gems, Gold Shimmer Brush, Brown Sharpie Marker (not CTMH), Craft Foam (not CTMH)

Enjoy,

Alyson

2 comments:

  1. Alyson, this card is so gorgeous!! I love the white embossing on the woodgrain! This stamp set had not really been on my wish list, but I may have to reconsider.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, so pretty, Alyson! Your intricate white embossing is gorgeous against the woodgrain paper! The sunflowers are so pretty - I'm seeing a lot of them around our neighbourhood and we are wishing we would have planted some. Love the sparkle you added!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)