Tuesday, September 15, 2020

TSOT 475 - Gold Christmas Trees

Welcome to this week's Try Stampin' on Tuesday challenge!

The additional theme for this week (plus the sketch) is to use metallics. 

I used gold on my card for the metallics theme. Christmas is coming up way too fast and I need to get started on my Christmas cards! Gold works well with any colour so I chose standard red and green for my card. 

The trees were die cut from gold foil and gold glitter paper and adhered to a piece of Clover cardstock. The background striped paper is gold foil cardstock and I wrapped a piece of white and gold ribbon around the paper and tied a bow on the front. The flourishes are from a very old set of adhesive flourishes and I coloured them in red. The sentiment was stamped in Clover ink and backed with a Candy Apple mat. 

I also decorated the inside of the card since it is a large card (6" x 6"). The sentiment there was stamped using the rock and roll technique to get both green and red inks on the stamped image. I drew a border around the edge and added dots and stars along the way. 

Come and join us at TSOT and show us how you interpret the sketch shown above. 

You have two weeks to link up your project.

We can’t wait to see what you create!

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: Gold Foil Cardstock, White Daisy Cardstock, Candy Apple Cardstock, Clover Cardstock, Gold Foil Paper, Gold Glitter Paper

Stamps: Winter Woods (SU), Merry Christmas to All (SU)

Inks: Candy Apple, Clover 

Accessories: Winterland Tree die (Memory Box), Frosted Bouquet dies (SU), White and Gold Ribbon, Clear Sparkles, Sparkle Flourishes, Sharpie Markers

Enjoy,

Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)