Wednesday, January 22, 2020

So Very Thankful...

I am really enjoying playing with alcohol inks, although I am just learning and am a beginner at this. The piece used on this card is one that was done using the inks, alcohol and a hairdryer. 

I used a card pattern from Make It From Your Heart Vol. 4 to create my card. I had to do some searching for cardstock that would match the ink design - had some old cardstock in my stash that fit very well. 

I stamped the image using Intense Black ink and then coloured it using a variety of markers. I brushed the flowers with the Clear Shimmer Brush. I intended to cut the sentiment using stitched rectangle dies but it was too large - I took the outline cut and trimmed the pieces in half and then attached them over the white stitched section. That made the sentiment a reasonable size. 

The alcohol inks I used were turquoise, pink and a silver mixative. The purple colour on that piece resulted from the turquoise and pink inks mixing together. 



Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Lagoon Cardstock, Silver Foil Paper, Yupo Paper (not CTMH), Turquoise (light and dark) cardstock (not CTMH), Turquoise Foil Paper (not CTMH)
Stamps: Spruced Up Cardmaking Workshop, Peachy (Kaisercraft)
Inks: Intense Black, Alcohol Inks (Ranger)
Accessories: Stitched Rectangle Thin Cuts, Spruced Up Cardmaking Workshop Thin Cuts, Markers (various), Clear Shimmer Brush, Bitty Sparkles, Thin Foam Tape 

Enjoy,
Alyson


2 comments:

  1. Well, my favorite color combo is the cools, blue-green-purple, so your blues and purples are speaking to me. Love how you colored the leaves turquoise! Such pretty purple blossoms and nicely glittered too. Your AI background is wonderful, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Alyson! This is so pretty! You are reminding me to play with my alcohol inks again! Your background is spectacular! Beautiful flowers and lovely layers too! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)