Wednesday, January 15, 2020

New Product Blog Hop


Welcome to the New Product Blog Hop. 
For this blog hop, Close To My Heart Consultants are featuring new and exciting products contained in the Jan/Feb catalog. 

You should have arrived here from Katy Taylor's blog.
If you get lost, a complete list of participants can be found on Melinda Everitt's blog

I didn't want to focus on any one paper pack or stamp set (as much as I love all the papers and so many of the stamps) so I decided to combine a few stamp sets to create some different cards. 

For the first card, I used the Spruced Up Cardmaking stamp set, Spruced Up Cardmaking Workshop stamp set and Life is a Journey. 
I started by tracing a large circle lightly in pencil. The sentiment was stamped first, off to the left. Then I used the single flower from Spruced Up Cardmaking Workshop and the branches from the Spruced Up Cardmaking stamp. I had to ink just a small section of each of the branch parts as they are large stamps. I didn't want to use die cuts for this so it was important to stamp ONLY the sections that I wanted. I worked my way around the wreath - Intense Black for flowers as they would be coloured, and Evergreen for the branches. I added a lighter marker shade over the branches to give them some additional interest and the flowers were coloured using one of the Tri-Blend markers. I added the smallest flower in various places around the wreath and then sponged the edges with Carolina ink. I outlined the base piece using the Pewter 0.3 Journaling Pen before adding it to the Evergreen background. Some bitty sparkles were coloured and added to the small flowers. I brushed parts of the larger flowers with the Clear Shimmer Brush as well. 


For my second card, I really wanted to use the Angel Hugs stamp... and decided to combine it with the Floral Borders stamp. I stamped and fussy cut the open floral border and then cut up some Fern cardstock into a grass shape. I added a few shades of green to the "grass" with markers. The main image was stamped and die cut. The background was lightly sponged with the same ink colour (Carolina) and then the image was added behind the flowers and grass. I masked the sentiment to stamp it in two colours.



I hope you enjoyed my cards!

The next blog on this hop is Gina Brandstetter's blog
I am sure she has something amazing to share with you! 

Products used are all Close To My Heart 

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Evergreen Cardstock, Carolina Cardstock, Fern Cardstock
Stamps: Spruced Up Cardmaking, Spruced Up Cardmaking Workshop, Life is a Journey, Angel Hugs, Floral Borders
Inks: Intense Black, Charcoal, Evergreen, Black, Carolina, Bluebird
Accessories: Angel Hugs Thin Cuts, Tri-Blend Markers, Bitty Sparkles, Clear Shimmer Brush, Pewter 0.3 Journaling Pen, Black 0.1 Journaling Pen, Black 0.3 Journaling Pen 

Enjoy,
Alyson


7 comments:

  1. You were sure busy coloring, they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all those flowers and the sentiment on the first one is spot on (I've been noticing "kindness" and the lack thereof recently)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Alyson! Your cards are so pretty! I love all the florals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the floral wreath in the first card! But The fussy cut flowers for the second is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your use of the florals, on both cards! They are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your cards. Thanks for the inspiration as I am looking forward to creating with Angel Huggs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)