Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Flora Background Stamp and Colouring on Coloured Cardstock

I recently purchased this awesome background stamp solely due to the video that is linked below. 

Yana Smakula creates fabulous artwork and I watched this a while ago. I didn't have the same stamp so I tried it with a different stamp. The effects are terrific with the same stamp that she used - although my colouring skills aren't very good...

It was so much fun to create these two cards - stamping and then colouring on coloured cardstock gives a really neat appearance in the end. 

I chose to stamp on Mint and Pixie cardstock for my bases. The sentiments were embossed on vellum using silver embossing powder. A few glitter gems were randomly placed on the cards and the bases of the flowers were brushed with the Clear Shimmer Brush. Each was mounted on the card base using foam tape. 




Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: Mint Cardstock, Lagoon Cardstock, Pixie Cardstock, Raspberry Cardstock, Vellum
Stamps: Flora Background (SSS), Handmade Essentials (scrapbook.com), Rooted in Nature (misc.)
Inks: Versamark
Accessories: Silver Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Silver Glitter Gems, Touch Markers (not CTMH), Tri-Blend Markers, Clear Shimmer Brush, Foam Tape

Enjoy,
Alyson

2 comments:

  1. So very pretty! I love the silver embossing and your beautiful colouring! Yes, your colouring is beautiful! Don't be so hard on yourself! This is a great technique that I have yet to try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your colouring skills are just fine, Alyson! These cards are so elegant and colorful. Your heat-embossing is perfection. LOVE these! xox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)