Monday, January 13, 2020

H2H - Vase of Flowers

Welcome to this week's Heart 2 Heart challenge! 



The title of this challenge is "Cutting it Close". That means that any sort of cutting is part of this challenge. It can be Cricut cuts, the use of dies or fussy cutting. 

I chose to use a stamp set with coordinating dies so my focus was on die cuts. 

The stamp set used is the Spruced Up Cardmaking Kit stamp - There is a large bouquet of flowers, a single flower, a vase and a banner plus a few other smaller images. I used 3 of those images with the coordinating Thin Cuts (dies) for my card. 

This took me an unusually LONG time to create due to several mistakes. I stamped and coloured the flowers 6 different times - and not one of them looked decent. I finally settled on orange as the focal colour for them and that worked. I also did the vase at least 5 times - just couldn't find the right colour for it. 

The papers are from the Mix-In paper pack and the rectangles are actually stitched thin cuts although the stitching is very hard to see on glitter paper. I brushed the outside edges of the flowers with the Gold Shimmer Brush and the added some Stickles to the centres of the flowers. 



Come and join us at Heart 2 Heart and show us how you use cuts on your project. 
You have until the end of January to link up your project. 
We can’t wait to see what you create! 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: Mix-In Paper Pack, White Daisy Cardstock, Lemonade Cardstock, Julep Glitter Paper, Neenah Solar White Cardstock
Stamps: Spruced Up Cardmaking Stamp 
Inks: Intense Black, Black, Julep
Accessories: Spruced Up Cardmaking Kit Thin Cuts, Stitched Rectangle Thin Cuts, Gold Glitter Gems, Gold Skinny Ribbon, Gold Shimmer Brush, Goldenrod Stickles, Spectrum Noir Tri-Blend Markers, Foam Tape 

Enjoy,
Alyson


3 comments:

  1. Love the double layered frames, they are perfect to accent your bouquet of flowers. Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous florals and I love all the sparkle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I'm behind, Alyson, in commenting. I appreciate your comments on my posts so much. I was surprised to learn you've not used digis yet. But as you are a CTMH rep, you have plenty of "real" stamps, lol. And so do I so this must mean you are wayyyy more self-disciplined than moi! hahaha

    Ok, to the matter at hand, this is a very happy card, so colorful. Orange and blue are perfect, so good on you for re-doing until you were pleased. As for the photo not showing all of that gorgeous glitter, isn't that so frustrating? So glad you got that close-up to show the glitter. It's so pretty. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)