Tuesday, January 21, 2020

TSOT #441 - Happy Birthday Shaker

Welcome to Try Stampin' on Tuesday's weekly challenge!



I love this sketch - there are so many possibilities here! I chose to follow the sketch pretty carefully except I changed the centre shape from a square to a circle. 

I started with some old patterned paper and found complementary pieces in a striped pattern and a solid colour. That made up the base of my card. The shaker was created separately with coordinating sequins placed inside the window. The shaker top already has Happy Birthday welded into it. I used a piecing tool and created faux stitching marks along the circle. Some silver foil paper was added along with a few coordinating sequins. 



Come and join us at TSOT and show us how you interpret the sketch shown above. 
You have two weeks to link up your project. 
We can’t wait to see what you create! 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: Calypso Paper Pack, Oh What Fun Paper Pack, Lagoon Cardstock, Silver Foil Paper, Neenah Solar White Cardstock
Stamps: none
Inks: none
Accessories: Shaker Window and Confetti Thin Cuts, Happy Birthday Shaker Window Thin Cut, Shaker Foam and Acetate, Silver Loose Sequins, Yellow, Pink and Turquoise Sequins (misc.), Piercing Tool 

Enjoy,
Alyson


2 comments:

  1. Hi, Alyson! That looks like a fun sketch! I love that you made a shaker card - the birthday banner die is cute! Hope you're having a good day today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card just makes me happy! Fabulous shaker card, xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)