Wednesday, January 1, 2020

January SOTM Blog Hop


Welcome to the January Stamp of the Month Blog Hop. This month, we are featuring the stamp set "Everyday Magic", which has six large sentiments and some smaller doodles and other symbols. 


You should have arrived here from Brenda Lapp's blog.
If you get lost, a complete list of participants can be found on Melinda Everitt's blog

Although I love the Spruced Up paper pack, I wanted to try something different and the Celebrate Today papers were more appropriate for what I had in mind. 

I wanted to create an open shaker card - one where the window is visible from both sides of the card. I spent some time on Design Space and welded together a frame with a flower from the Complete Creativity collection. I had to cut everything once as usual and then again as a mirror image so the pieces would fit exactly against each other when looking though the shaker. I had to do some fine trimming along the edge of the Cricut cut rectangle to make it fit exactly inside the card front and the card back - and there is a very specific order in which this has to be done (and I messed it up...) I didn't cut the rectangles in the paper with my Cricut - I did that manually. In hindsight, it would have been better to do all of it on the Cricut - I know for next time. 

The sequins are placed between the panels of acetate so you can see through the card. There are three photos below - the front view, an angled view and a view of the reverse of the card front. 




I hope you enjoyed my project. 

The next stop on this blog hop is Haley Dyer's blog

I'm sure she has an amazing project for you! 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: Celebrate Today Paper Pack, White Daisy Cardstock, Mint Cardstock, Lagoon Cardstock, Pixie Cardstock, Silver Foil Paper, Acetate (not CTMH)
Stamps: Everyday Magic
Inks: Pixie, Lagoon
Accessories: Complete Creativity Cricut Collection, Cricut Basic Shapes (not CTMH), Silver Loose Sequins, Foam Tape 

Enjoy,
Alyson

13 comments:

  1. Drop dead gorgeous! Fabulous card (as usual)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous and shiny! I love the mix of colours you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ingenious! Love your card; thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a creative project....love how you made the shaker window visible on both side....not easy...but your card turned out beautiful! Thanks for sharing your process.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, I like the use of foil!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, Alyson! Finally I am getting caught up with blogging and visiting my favourite crafty friends! Your open shaker card is so pretty! I don't think I've tried one of these before. I love the colours too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is all kinds of amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WoW, that is really cute! sounds like a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing! I love this double shaker.... you have me so intrigued!! I will have to play around with this idea since I 💕 shakers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Alyson, sorry I fell off emailing. I got a sinus infection and it became difficult for me to remember anything, lol. Your card is absolutely stunning. Love the silver card stock for the window cut, it reminds one of metal, not paper. Fabulous idea + what a cool shaker. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!! Everything about this card is amazing! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)