Thursday, January 9, 2020

Triangle Fold Card - Valentine

I love a triangle fold card - so easy to create but it can have a big impact. 

A retired set of Mix-In papers was perfect to create a few Valentine's Day cards. The shades of pink and white were exactly what I was after and I used two patterned papers for the front of the card. 

The card opens up with triangles on two sides - the photos don't show that, however. The photos  show the front of the card with the triangle sections folded down and wrapped with a belly band, along with the inside and a close up of the shimmer on the shaker. You could use any shape for the front of the band but I really like shakers and it fit perfectly for this purpose. 

I stamped the inside of the shaker with Strokes of an Artist and then the sentiments were stamped using a darker shade of pink. I also cut tiny hearts from pink glitter paper in addition to using sequins inside the shaker. 

The inside of the card was stamped with a sentiment and I added some small heart stamps around the outside of the white cardstock. Some of those little hearts were coloured and brushed with the Clear Shimmer Brush. The outside of the shaker was also brushed with the Clear Shimmer Brush. 




Here's to a fabulous Valentine's Day! 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: Mix-In Paper Pack, White Daisy Cardstock, Pixie Cardstock, Raspberry Cardstock, Pink Glitter Paper 
Stamps: Strokes of an Artist, Adore You, To My Bestie, Card Chatter - Love 
Inks: Ballerina, Pixie, Raspberry
Accessories: Shaker Window Thin Cuts, Stitched Rectangle Thin Cuts, Loose Silver Sequins, Pink Sequins (not CTMH), Shaker Foam and Acetate, Sharpie Markers (not CTMH), Clear Shimmer Brush

Enjoy,
Alyson

2 comments:

  1. I do love a shaker card! And even more so with this cool card fold, which I have not tried yet. My list is getting longer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, what an amazing-looking fold, especially with the band holding the equally awesome-looking shaker! Wonderful! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)