Monday, October 21, 2019

Hello Birdies

Welcome to another Double Trouble challenge!

There are multiple parts to each of these challenges... Things 1, 2 and 3. Not all parts are required - only Thing 1 is required to participate - but it's always fun to try to incorporate all the elements into your project.



Thing 1 - "Don't leave. Come bat. Let's hang out!" All you have to do is choose at least three (3) of the seven (7) colours from my rainbow of All Bat Colours and create a project. In addition, black, white, gold and silver are free to use.





Thing 2 - Link up with the Crafting Happiness challenge. Watch the dates as the requirement for these challenges change each week. 
Oct. 21-27 - #19 - Halloween Colours - the Halloween colours don't have to be that of a Halloween project, just the colours of the event.
Oct. 28-Nov. 3 - #20 - Halloween - anything Halloween (cards, tags, treat bags, etc.) 




Thing 3 - "Thing 1 has bats in her belfry and is driving me batty!" 
Include something in your project that flies... bats, crows, butterflies, witches, batman, the raven "nevermore", or bat-ever you want. 






I chose to create a non-Halloween card using blue, yellow, orange and light brown as my colour scheme. I have also included two birds (things with wings) and I will link up my project with the Crafting Happiness challenge for the first challenge week. 

I created the background using a large stamp. I inked it in three shades of blue first and then inked it again in Versamark so I could emboss it. The birds were stamped and cut out, as was the sentiment. I outlined the birds to give them more definition and coloured a small gem in blue for each of their eyes. 


Come and join the Double Trouble challenge and show us how you use each of the Things to create your project. Don't forget to link up with Crafting Happiness as well, if your project fits their requirements. 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Bluebird Cardstock, Neenah Solar White Cardstock
Stamps: Little Birdie, Stripe Jungle Background (SSS)
Inks: Carolina, Bluebird, Sapphire, Nectarine, Canary, Toffee, Black, Versamark
Accessories: Mini Pearls, Touch Markers (not CTMH), Sharpie Markers (not CTMH), Foam Tape, Clear Detail Embossing Powder, Heat Tool

Enjoy,
Alyson





2 comments:

  1. Your birdies are so cute! Love your Halloween Colors card. Thank you so much for sharing your creativity at Crafting Happiness Challenge. Did you know you can see upcoming challenge themes in the sidebar? Check it out! Hope you'll share more of your projects.
    Janis
    Pause Dream Enjoy
    Crafting Happiness Challenges
    Facebook Page for Pause Dream Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love little birdies, Alyson, so this one tickles me! Great card to send to a special friend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)