Monday, October 28, 2019

Folding Snowflake Card

I saw a folding card like this recently and decided to try one myself. There is such a neat effect when the card is opened! 

Since winter is around the corner, along with Christmas, I decided to use a snowflake theme. I love non-traditional colours for Christmas and Lagoon is one of my favourites. 











Using a standard size long-wise oriented white card base (what a mouthful...), a ribbon was centered and wrapped around the outside of the card. The layers were then attached on the front and on the inside. A piece of Lagoon cardstock was mounted on the back, simply to cover the ribbon. The thin Lagoon piece on the inside was folded in half and then in half again to allow for the open effect. It was adhered over the layers but right to the edge of the Lagoon cardstock

The squares were sized and adhered and then I cut the snowflakes using my Cricut machine. A very old stamp set, but one of my favourites - "Snow Flurries" - was used to stamp the words "love", "hope", "peace" and "joy" at the bottom of each square. In hindsight, I would stamp BEFORE adhering the squares. I stamped afterward and was lucky I didn't run into any problems. 

The front was decorated using snowflakes and a sentiment from the same stamp set. A few gems were added to the centres of the snowflakes. I didn't add any embellishments inside as it would make the card very difficult to close. 

I can see myself making more of these for various occasions. It is not a difficult card to create but I love the effect!

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: Holly Jolly Paper Pack, White Daisy Cardstock, Lagoon Cardstock, Glacier Cardstock, Teal Glitter Paper, White Glitter Paper
Stamps: Snow Flurries
Inks: Lagoon
Accessories: Cricut Cartridges: Art Philosophy, Artistry, Flower Market, You are Here, White Pearls, Little Dreamer Glitter Gems, Thin Foam Tape, Ribbon (unknown) 

Enjoy,
Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)