Saturday, October 26, 2019

Floral Magnetic Slider Card

I found this type of card while looking around the internet and loved the idea. I decided to try one myself and the way this works is just so cool! 

There are two magnets that make the butterfly move around. There must be enough room between the layers to allow for the magnet to move freely on the underside.

I began by sponging a blue background for my card and then stamping, colouring and die cutting the flowers, greenery and the butterfly. After I had arranged the flowers and greenery where I wanted them, a couple of pieces were adhered with foam tape for dimension. I coloured some gems and added those, along with some bitty pearls to the front of the card. 

The card front was mounted on a second piece of cardstock to make it stronger. Foam tape was applied on the back of the card base, leaving an opening on the top right side for the butterfly pull tab. The foam tape had to be doubled to allow enough space for the magnet attached to the end of the pull  tab to move around freely. The second magnet is adhered directly under the butterfly and they attach together (through the cardstock) when the card is assembled.

I brushed the flowers, leaves and the butterfly with shimmer brushes to give them some sparkle. The flowers were just brushed along the definition lines - not the entire flower. 

Check out the video at the end to see how the slider works! 





Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Clover Cardstock, Lemon Cardstock, Neenah Solar White Cardstock 
Stamps: Floral Delivery, Butterflies for You
Inks: Intense Black, Clover, Carolina
Accessories: Floral Delivery Thin Cuts, Butterflies for You Thin Cuts, Sponges, Silver Glitter Gems, Bitty Pearls, Foam Tape, Sharpie Markers (not CTMH), Touch Markers (not CTMH), Black Shimmer Brush, Clear Shimmer Brush, Magnets (not CTMH)

Enjoy,
Alyson 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)