Monday, October 7, 2019

H2H - Slider Card for Autumn

Welcome to this week's Heart 2 Heart challenge! 



It's all about fall this week - and in my area, the leaves are already well into changing colour. 
It is such a beautiful time of year - my favourite season. 

I recently learned how to create slider cards and they are really simple and fun to create! 

I have made a few thus far but this one is based around the autumn season, which is the perfect time to post it here. 

There is a slider on the front that opens a small card on which a message can be written. The neat thing is that the card also opens and there is an entire main section available as well. I learned after doing this a couple of times that placement of images on the slider part is VERY IMPORTANT as they can show through the slider section or not be visible at all if they are incorrectly placed. 

For this card, I used the Layered Leaves Thin Cuts and paper from the Hawthorn paper pack for the basis of my card. The smaller stamped images are from a few different stamp sets. I created a mixed coloured background using 5 ink colours and then cut the closed leaf shape. It is larger than the open leaf die so after it was adhered, I trimmed around the edges. The other leaves were created the same way - after a background was inked, they were simply cut out.

I added a couple of flowers and some sparkles that were coloured with markers. I brushed all the leaves with the Gold Shimmer Brush and that can be seen in the last photo, which is a close up. 





Come and join us at Heart 2 Heart and show us your fall (autumn) creations. 
You have until the end of October to link up your project. 
We can’t wait to see what you create! 

Products used are all Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated:

Paper: Hawthorn Paper Pack, White Daisy Cardstock, Sage Cardstock, Kraft Cardstock, New England Ivy Cardstock
Stamps: Thanks & Giving, A Friend Like You, Grateful Hearts - Cardmaking, Blessed Beyond Measure 
Inks: New England Ivy, Fern, Ruby, Goldrush, Saffron
Accessories: Layered Leaves Thin Cuts, Stitched Flowers Thin Cuts, Silver Glitter Gems, Bitty Sparkles, Touch Markers (not CTMH), Orange Ribbon ( not CTMH), Foam Tape, Washer (not CTMH), Sponge Daubers, Gold Shimmer Brush, Clear Shimmer Brush

Enjoy,
Alyson




3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card...I love the slider feature and all the colors in the leaves. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I so love interactive cards and it has been a while since I made a slider. Thank you for the inspiration. Your fall colors are fantastic with those leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOW CUTE IS THIS!! Loving every little element. Thank you for sharing your talent with us at Heart2Heart. 💙☕Miss.Carrie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)