Friday, May 3, 2019

CD 341 - Watercolour Smooshing card

Welcome to this week's Colour Dare challenge! 
It's an inspiration photo... and one that is full of bold and bright colours. 


I chose to take some of the colours from the photo to develop my card. This ended up being interesting...

Using water-colour paints, I made sure that I had the correct colours to start - the right shades of the following colours: red, pink, purple, green and yellow. 

Based on the background of my design and the way the paint colours moved around once I applied the plastic wrap and mixed some of the colours, you would not even know that pink was used - and the shade of purple that I so painstakingly made sure was a match to the blanket colour looks more like a lighter shade of purple than what I started with, as does the green that I also mixed so carefully... So much for great ideas. I decided to leave it, though, because I like the way the background looked in the end. 


I added some red, yellow and green cardstock and a few embellishments to pull some of the colours from the background. The butterfly is also brushed with a shimmer brush. 


Come and join us at Colour Dare and show us how you interpret the inspiration photo shown above. You have two weeks to enter your project. 
We can't wait to see what you create!

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Candy Apple Cardstock, Canary Cardstock, Clover Cardstock, Watercolour Paper (unknown), Neenah Solar White Cardstock
Stamps: Butterfly Friendship, Barn Door (SU)
Inks: Intense Black, Clover
Accessories: Red Pearls, Watercolour Paints, Brushes, Butterfly Friendship Thin Cuts, Clear Shimmer Brush, Black Shimmer Brush, Touch Markers (various), Yellow Twine (unknown), Foam Tape, Plastic Wrap

Enjoy,
Alyson


2 comments:

  1. Allyson I love you card and how colorful it is! The smoothed background is great and you carried the colors into the butterfly and layers very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the background you created, it turned out great! I also love your bold colors and butterfly!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)