Monday, May 27, 2019

AH 318 - Happiness Today with Two Cards


Welcome to this week's sketch at Atlantic Hearts!

There is a lot happening on the sketch this week - a sentiment within a frame, a border, two separate images and some embellishments. 

The first card I created for this sketch was one I wasn't particularly happy with so I created a second card. That original card is shown later in this post. 

I used the same sentiment for both cards but I wanted to use an image that could be seen both above the sentiment and in the lower corner as shown in the sketch. I ended up choosing a plaid paper and then I coloured some flowers that I embossed in silver. The green leaves add a nice touch to the overall card and takes away from the large amount of grey. That's why I went back after photographing the card the first time and added the silver embellishing thread, just to give it a little more emphasis to the flowers and help to draw the eye away from the grey. 



This is the original card that I created for this challenge... It works but it isn't my favourite. I brushed some of the flowers with a clear shimmer brush but that didn't show up in the photograph. 




Come and join us at Atlantic Hearts and show us how you interpret the sketch shown above. 
You have until Sunday evening to link up your project. 
We can't wait to see what you create! 

Products used are as follows: 

Paper: Sweet Girl Paper Pack, Heather Cardstock, White Daisy Cardstock, Peach Cardstock (all CTMH) 
Stamps: Sentiment Collection (Penny Black), Wild Roses (Pretty Pink Posh)
Inks: Versamark, Heather (both CTMH)
Accessories: Silver Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Silver Glitter Gems, Silver Embellishing Thread, Thin Foam Tape (all CTMH), Oval Dies, Oval Open Scalloped Dies (both Nestabilities), Wild Rose Dies (Pretty Pink Posh), Touch Markers

Enjoy,
Alyson


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)