Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Eclipse Birthday Card

A friend of mine is celebrating a birthday shortly and  I know how much he enjoys my cards... so it was time to create one for him. 

Masculine cards are so often a struggle for me - for this one, I decided to pull out a Kaisercraft stamp with a leaf image and create an eclipse card. 

I had to create the background first. That was done using three yellow ink pads and and one yellow/orange ink pad and blending them together from light to dark. After my hand was worn out from that process, I stamped the leaf image in black, masking it as needed to cover the bottom third of the card. I then die cut the letters from the background - spacing as needed 
as I only had one letter P. 

The word Birthday was stamped and mounted at the bottom. I tried embossing it using yellow pigment ink but it wasn't visible enough on the black cardstock, so I had to go the opposite route and use yellow cardstock with black ink instead. 


The letters are popped up quite high - much higher than they appear in the photo. 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: Lemon Cardstock, Black Cardstock, Saffron Cardstock, White Daisy Cardstock
Stamps: Breathe (Kaisercraft), Well Said (Stampin Up)
Inks: Lemon, Canary, Saffron, Goldrush, Black
Accessories: Block Alphabet Thin Cuts, Foam Tape 

Enjoy,
Alyson





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)