Friday, May 17, 2019

CD 343 - Glitter Flower Oval

Welcome to Colour Dare Challenge #343! 

Take a close look at the colour grid shown above - it's an interesting one... blues and greens with one pink/purple colour. There is linen which is a sightly off-white colour, plus silver. 
Neutrals this week include back, white and greys but NOT browns or other neutrals! 

I chose to use Sage (green), Sugarplum (a pink/purple) and Linen plus Silver and avoid the blues completely. I really like colour schemes with limited colours.

The flowers were definitely going to be Sugarplum and the leaves were going to be Sage - but since the flowers were open, I ran into a problem almost immediately as I needed somewhere to hide the leaves. I had to back the flowers with something and that's where silver came into the picture. I didn't want to use white, especially with linen already planned for the background of my card. The front was embossed with a basket weave pattern and I set the flowers and leaves back after die cutting an oval into the embossed card front. A large silver scalloped oval surrounds the floral display and then a few details provide room for the sentiment and a few other embellishments. 


Come and join us at Colour Dare and show us how you use the palette shown above. 
You have 2 weeks to enter your project. 
We can't wait to see what you create! 

Products used are all follows: 

Paper: True Love Paper Pack, Linen Cardstock, Sugarplum Cardstock, Sage Cardstock, Silver Glitter Paper (all CTMH)
Stamps: Artistic Impressions (SU)
Inks: Sage, Charcoal, Sugarplum, Versamark (all CTMH)
Accessories: Silver Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Sugarplum Glitter Gems (all CTMH), Springtime Impressions Thinlets , Frosted Bouquet Thinlets, Basket Weave Embossing Folder, Pink Ribbon (SU), Nestabilities Ovals, Nestabilities Scalloped Ovals (Spellbinders), Silver Ribbon (unknown), Foam Tape

Enjoy,
Alyson



3 comments:

  1. Alyson what a beautiful card, and even though it photos sparkley I can imagine how it sparkles in person. Love those floral die cut and glitter background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card, Alyson. I love the glitter on the flowers and the oval.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love how you used the silver as the base of the flowers! I also love that basket weave embossing folder with this card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)