Monday, April 29, 2019

AH 314 - Layered Rose along the Lines


Welcome to Atlantic Hearts Sketch #314! 

I simply love this sketch - it can be very simple or it can be taken to a much more detailed level depending on how it is interpreted. I can’t wait to see the design team members' interpretations as well as the participants' interpretations of this one! 

I chose to flip the sketch 180 degrees but I wanted to maintain the three skinny lines because I really liked how that kept some form of continuity on the card design that I had in mind. I considered using a different type of line like a chevron border but it would have been too busy. I used glitter paper for those lines, though, to add some extra interest. 

I used a layered rose die for the flower and three shades of purple. The leaves have two bright shades of green and I stamped the sentiment using one of those shades of green and embossed it so it would really stand out. I dry embossed the background with a rose embossing folder to provide a detailed background for the entire card. I added some silver embellishing thread behind the flower as well. The whole card is raised with foam tape. 



Come and join us at Atlantic Hearts and show us how you interpret the sketch shown above. 
You have until Sunday evening to link up your project. 
We can't wait to see what you create!
I am also linking up my card with the Double Trouble - SomeThing, AnyThing and EveryThing challenge. 

Products used are as follows: 

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Clover Cardstock, Willow Cardstock, Lilac Cardstock, Thistle Cardstock, Pansy Cardstock, Purple Glitter Paper (all CTMH), Neenah Solar White Cardstock
Stamps: Sending and Wishing (SSS)
Inks: Clover Pigment Ink (CTMH)
Accessories: Clear Detail Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Rose Embossing Folder, Silver Embellishing Thread (all CTMH), Layered Rose Die (Kaisercraft), Foam Tape

Enjoy,
Alyson


3 comments:

  1. Smile! Your card made me smile. It's a great creation. I saw it on DT and I'm glad I clicked on the link. I really like your right side bar! I hope you will visit my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the textured background and how the flower really pops against it...lots of texture and dimension. Thanks for sharing your Atlantic Hearts sketch challenge here at Double Trouble. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you flipped the sketch and I know just the person that would love your purple rose! Thanks for joining us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)