Monday, April 29, 2019

H2H - Bright Blooms Shaker Card

Welcome to the last post of April at Heart 2 Heart! 
However, this challenge is being reposted to actually be the FIRST challenge of May since there are just a couple of days left in April! 


Since May is right around the corner, we are challenging you to create a project that focuses on flowers. 

I love creating with flowers. I have so many floral stamps and they are usually the ones I turn to first, especially when I am in a non-creative mood. I find they make it easier for me to create because they almost always lift my spirits. 

For this card, I chose to use a CTMH stamp set with coordinating dies and make a shaker card with them. I wanted to use bold and bright colours so I stamped all of the images on cardstock first and then coloured them with coordinating markers. They were then die cut. 

Inside the shaker, I used a second stamp set - this one from Kaisercraft. I love the sentiment. I masked that to stamp it in two colours and surrounded it with images from the same CTMH stamp set, stamping the images in the same coordinating colours as the outside images. I added sequins in some of the same colours as the stamped images.

The base and circle were die cut using stitched dies and then I placed the stamped images around the outside. A few bitty sparkles were added here and there. I used some of the leftover pieces to decorate the inside of the card as well. A photo below shows the shimmer on the flowers as it doesn't show in the larger photo. 


The inside of the card using some of the leftover die cuts 


Close up of the shimmer on a couple of flowers 


Come and join us at Heart 2 Heart and show us your floral projects! 
You have until the end of April to link up your creation. 
We can't wait to see what you create! 
I am also entering my card in the Double Trouble - SomeThing, AnyThing, EveryThing challenge. 

Products used are as follows: 

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Lemon Cardstock, Candy Apple Cardstock, Pixie Cardstock, Pansy Cardstock, Lagoon Cardstock, Willow Cardstock (all CTMH), Neenah Solar White Cardstock
Stamps: Budding Peony (CTMH), Breathe (Kaisercraft)
Inks: Intense Black, Candy Apple, Lagoon (all CTMH)
Accessories: Budding Peony Thin Cuts, Clear Shimmer Brush, Bitty Sparkles, Shaker Window Thin Cuts, Shaker Window Acetate and Foam (all CTMH), Touch Markers, Sequins, Foam Tape (Misc.), Stitched Rectangles (GMD) 

Enjoy,
Alyson



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful shaker card with all the bold bright colored flowers popped up on the corners and love stitched frames. Thanks for sharing your Heart2Heart card with us at Double Trouble. Glad you joined us for our Something, Anything and Everything using a match up to our previous challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! You have used so many beautiful colors and who doesn't love to receive a shaker card? Thank you for joining in at the Double Trouble Challenge #27.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)