Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Colour Dare - Cascading Card filled with Flowers

It has been quite a while since I have had the chance to create a project for the Colour Dare challenge and I have missed it! However, when I saw the colour challenge for this week, I knew I couldn't pass it up. I LOVE these colours together and Lagoon and Gypsy are two of my favourite colours in the CTMH palette. I HAD to do something! 

So, after much thought, I decided to create a cascading card. With just three colours to work with, that presents an extra challenge because it places some significant limitations on where to place items. I pulled out all the papers I had in those colours - basic cardstock, glitter paper, Fundamental cardstock and patterned paper. There wasn't much in terms of patterned paper for sure... just one sheet from the old Skylark paper pack. However, the other papers gave me enough to do what I wanted. I also had some Lagoon flowers and some SU white pearls in my stash from many years ago that helped me out. 

I used the Skylark patterned paper, the Lagoon Fundamental cardstock and the teal glitter paper to line the front sections of the card. That can be difficult to see in the photos so I took a few pictures - one straight on, one from slightly above, and one from the side. I used the purple glitter paper and the Gypsy Fundamental cardstock to create the flowers. The teal glitter paper was used to create the leaves. I cut a variety of flourishes from white cardstock. The sparkles were coloured using a ShinHan marker. 

Front View


Looking slightly down from above


Side View




Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise noted: 

Paper: Skylark Paper Pack (ret.), White Daisy Cardstock, Lagoon Cardstock, Gypsy Cardstock, Teal Glitter Paper, Purple Glitter Paper, Adventure Fundamental Cardstock Pack (Gypsy and Lagoon)
Stamps: none
Inks: none
Accessories: Art Philosophy Cartridge, Artiste Cartridge, Artbooking Cartridge, Lagoon Paper Flowers (ret.), White Pearls (not CTMH), Scallop Border Punch, Clear Sparkles, ShinHan Marker

Enjoy, 
Alyson

9 comments:

  1. Love the cascading card. So many layers to look at!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you really made the most of the colors in your cascading card! Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How are the different layers attached?
    Terilynn Klement

    ReplyDelete
  5. How are the card sheets attached to each other?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a fun & fabulous card! Love that you used a bit of glitter in the flowers and the leaves. Thank you for inspiring us at Color My Heart Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Breathtakingly beautiful, Alyson. I have made waterfall cards but never one as effectively presented as this one. I am going to have to look at You Tube for a refresher on making this fun fold.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What a wonderful card--it is just exploding with gorgeous flowers and glittery goodness. Thanks so much for inspiring us at the Color Dare blog this week!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a gorgeous card, so many steps, each step as pretty as the other. Love how you brought in the Paper Fundamentals between each step. The flowers with the die-cuts and then adding the flower center and pearl are exquisite. Love it all. Thanks for joining us this week at Color Dare, and hope that you create the ALL or 1 Green card, even though it might not be a favorite color combination, I challenge you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)