Monday, March 7, 2016

Heart 2 Heart - Retirement

The theme this week at Heart 2 Heart is "retirement". That can mean an actual retirement - of someone who is retiring from work, a commitment of some sort or something else or retirement of a product, such as a Close To My Heart product! I went with the latter - retirement of Close To My Heart products. 

My all time favourite paper pack is Blossom and I was SO SAD to see it retire. This is my chance to use it again in a challenge so I also pulled out an old, retired stamp set that is one of my all time favourites - Blessed. It was a Stamp of the Month many years ago. It is a two-step stamping set with birds, flowers and swirls, a butterfly and two of the most beautiful sentiments as well. I have cut up the sentiments (yes, I often cut my stamps and have not damaged one yet!) and I will hold onto this stamp set until it doesn't stamp any longer because I love it so much! 

So, here is my creation using the Blossom Paper Pack and Blessed - two of my all time favourite products from Close To My Heart. 


Join us at Heart 2 Heart to show us your interpretation of retirement. You have the entire month of March to enter this challenge and any of the March challenges. 

Products used are all Close To My Heart

Paper: Blossom Paper Pack, White Daisy Cardstock, Sunset Cardstock, Lagoon Cardstock, Pear Cardstock
Stamps: Blessed
Inks: Lagoon, Glacier, Sunset
Accessories: Art Philosophy Cartridge, Artistry Cartridge, ShinHan Markers, Bitty Sparkles

Enjoy, 
Alyson


6 comments:

  1. Alyson, I love your card and the way it relates to retirement. Perfect mix of DSP! (And I cut my stamps, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the different papers and colours you worked into this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You created a beautiful, unique card once again, Alyson! I really love it and the sentiment sure is a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, another colorful, bright and beautiful card. You went all out with retirement papers and stamps...I have mine ready but might have something better, so holding off on the challenge since I have some time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)