Monday, March 21, 2016

Atlantic Hearts Sketch 152 - Purple Blooms

Once again, I love the sketch at Atlantic Hearts this week! As soon as I saw it, I knew the La Belle Vie papers were perfect for this sketch. Something black and white with one added colour was what I had in mind. 

The Wavy Blooms stamp set was perfect for the flowers - I chose to emboss them with pigment ink so the ink wouldn't run when I coloured them. I used two shades of purple and the blending ShinHan marker to colour the flowers and I am happy with how they turned out. 



Join us at Atlantic Hearts and show us your interpretation of this gorgeous sketch. You have until Sunday evening to link up your project. 

Products used are all Close To My Heart

Paper: La Belle Vie Paper Pack, White Daisy Cardstock, Black Cardstock, Thistle Cardstock
Stamps: Wavy Blooms, Say it All
Inks: Black, Black Pigment Ink
Accessories: Art Philosophy Cartridge, Dot Embossing Folder, Grey and White Enamel Dots, ShinHan Markers and Blending Pen, Clear Detail Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Foam Tape, Thin Foam Tape

Enjoy, 
Alyson

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Alyson! I hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alyson,

    I hope your birthday was wonderful and the coming year will be special for you. Special wishes just for you!

    I love your card for the AHSC challenge this week. I know I can say that to a DT member who will know I'm not looking for a vote! The purple flowers with the black is such an elegant combination and any recipient would be thrilled to received it. I may have to CASE this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how elegant this card looks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous, Alyson. That black paper is so CLASSY! I adore the way you positioned, "accessorized" and coloured the flowers, too. TYFS. ~Ali (AHSC Design Team)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, how gorgeous is this! I love the black paired with purple.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)