Monday, March 28, 2016

Heart 2 Heart Challenge - The Birds and the Bees

The challenge this week at Heart 2 Heart is "The Birds and the Bees". With spring technically having just arrived, this is a timely challenge. I chose to focus on the birds aspect of this challenge as I am definitely not a fan of bees! Besides, I love some of the bird stamps sets that I own. 

I wanted to try a triple easel card that I saw recently. It was a lot easier than I expected it to be. The hardest part was lining up the scallops and that wasn't difficult - it just took some extra time to do. I'm sure this could be done using the Cricut but I wasn't patient enough to try it that way so I used some Nestabilities that I have had for ages to cut my shapes instead of fighting with Design Space and trying to figure that out, which would have taken me much longer. 


Join us at Heart 2 Heart and show us how you interpret "The Birds and the Bees". This challenge has been extended until April 2, so you have a few extra days to complete your project and link it up! 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise noted: 

Paper: Penelope Paper Pack, White Daisy Cardstock, Pear Cardstock, Thistle Cardstock
Stamps: Sunshine Birdies, Tweet Me (ret.)
Inks: Black Memento Ink, Thistle, Honey
Accessories: Scallop Border Punch, Green Triangle Enamel and Glitter Duos, ShinHan Markers, Purple Shimmer Trim, Thistle Thick Twine, Nestabilities Circles and Scallop Circles (not CTMH)

Enjoy, 
Alyson




4 comments:

  1. Your creation is spring-like and cheerful! I love the colors and scallops and all of the cute birds. The Penelope paper is fabulous. Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite card from this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool!!! Very pretty!!!
    Lilian
    The Leaf Studio

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)