Thursday, July 4, 2024

Blue Poinsettia Christmas

 I love non-traditional colours for Christmas and blue and silver is one of my favourite combinations. 

I dragged watercolour cardstock though various shades of blue and green ink mixed with water and once those pieces were dry, I die cut the poinsettia pieces. The white background was embossed with a 3D embossing folder and I added a strip of plain white cardstock along the side. The sentiment was die cut and adhered to white cardstock. Everything was matted on silver foil. The flower was placed in the top corner and I adhered the leaves and silver berry branches around it. 

I am entering my card in the Pearly Sparkles Challenge (Christmas in July). 

Enjoy, 

Alyson

3 comments:

Aimeslee Winans said...

I love the repeating pattern of the poinsettia with the embossing folder. Blue makes a gorgeous flower, xoxo

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and poinsettia,love the non-traditional blue and silver and the embossed background.
Carol x

crafty-stamper said...

Ooops forgot to add ---Thank you for joining us at Pearly Sparkles.
Carol DT x