Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Chevron Background with Floral Spray

The background for these card was created using a chevron background die. The die cuts all the layers of the chevron and then they must be pieced together. 

I cut the die three times in different shades of blue. My first attempt at piecing it all together was a disaster which is why I ended up with just two cards instead of three. It was difficult to use foam tape to raise some sections as the surrounding pieces were very easy to slide just a bit too far underneath the raised pieces. I ended up using temporary adhesive on all the pieces and then lifting the ones I wanted on foam tape and adhered them afterwards. 

Since the background was quite dark, I stamped a bright set of flowers and die cut them. One was added to each card base and a sentiment was embossed in white for each. I added some Stickles around the floral image on each card and brushed the flowers with gold shimmer. 



Products used are as follows:

Paper: Cardstock - White Daisy, Carolina, Bluebird, Sapphire (all CTMH), Hammermill White Cardstock

Stamps: Charming Floral Border, Modern Layered Floral plus die (both Pinkfresh Studio)

Inks: Lemonade, Nectarine, Willow, Clover, Versamark (all CTMH)

Accessories: Chevron Die (Pinkfresh Studio), Gold Shimmer Brush, White Embossing Powder, Heat Tool (CTMH), Goldenrod Stickles, Icicle Stickles, Foam Tape

Enjoy,

Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)