Thursday, October 7, 2021

Stencilled Inlay Card

This is a stencilled inlay card - the main image was stamped and lines were drawn down the length of the card. A section was cut out and another piece of cardstock with a stencilled pattern was placed behind the open area. 

The second attempt was much better than the first but I have shown both cards. I used totally different colours for the image and the stencilled background and the result is that the image really pops.

My first attempt at this was a learning experience. I did all the same things but I had stencilled the pattern first and I didn't even think about the colours I was using to colour the image. It turned out that I used the same colour for the woman's dress and the stencilled background. That obviously didn't render the results I was after.

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Glacier Cardstock, Mint Cardstock, White Cards and Envelopes 

Stamps: You're How Old?, So Tweet 

Inks: Intense Black (SSS), Nectarine, Paprika, Peacock Feathers DO Ink

Accessories: Water Droplets Stencil, Mega Flowers Stencil (both Gina K. Designs), Tri-Blend Markers, Copic Markers, Craft Foam 

Enjoy,

Alyson

1 comment:

  1. Both cards are fabulous and completely worthy of a recipient! Love the technique. Alyson, you are being too hard on yourself. When I look at the second card, I read the sentiment first and then my eyes register that on-fire cake. The woman or her dress color - neither really matters in order to get the humor. And her dress stands out, it doesn't get lost, thanks to the black stamp line. LOL, now as far as matchy-matchy me goes, I like that her dress is color-matched to the stenciled bg! So there! I am well aware it wasn't your original intent, but the results are a win-win! Big Hug, XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)