Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Expanding Butterfly Card

This is the most awesome card! The front provides a glimpse of what is inside... and then there is such a pretty surprise when the card is opened. I found directions for this card here

The butterflies were stamped, coloured (yes - every single one of them!) and die cut. They were attached at the top corner to allow them to appear like they are floating inside. I stamped and die cut a few extras for the front of the card. I also stamped some flowers and leaves and coloured them in the same colour scheme. The "miss you" sentiment was stamped in both Lagoon and Peacock ink to create an ombre effect. I coloured some white flower sequins and added a Bitty Sparkle to the centre of each. 

The large letters inside were die cut using large letter dies so the coloured cardstock would show through the cut area. 



I love how this turned out! I did try and do it using hearts but I learned that the image to be used inside really needs to be at least 2.5 inches across or wider. The hearts that I tried to use were approx 1.5 inches wide and they didn't work for me at all. 

Products used are all Close To My Heart: 

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Lagoon Cardstock, Peacock Cardstock

Stamps: Every Little Thing Cardmaking Kit (Butterflies for You), For My Beautiful Friend

Inks: Intense Black, Lagoon, Peacock

Accessories: Block Alphabet Thin Cuts, Every Little Thing Cardmaking Kit Thin Cuts, Tri-Blend Markers, Flower Sequins, Bitty Pearls, Black Journalling Pen

Enjoy,

Alyson

1 comment:

  1. This is another stunning looking card that showcases your awesome skills! XOX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)