Saturday, February 13, 2021

Craft Roulette - Leaf Shaker

I like to play song with the Craft Roulette challenge each weekend - here is the info for the current challenge which is open until Sunday evening. 

This week, the challenge parameters at Craft Roulette are as follows: 

- circle(s)

- orange plus two other colours 

- plant(s)

- stencil 

It looks like a lot but it really isn't that difficult... aside from the fact that orange is not my first choice of go-to colours! 

Orange works very well with blue so I decided to use turquoise and add silver as my third colour. 

The background was inked using two blue shades of Distress Oxide inks. I then placed a Cricut cut stencil on top and covered that with Black Soot Distress Oxide ink. While the stencil was still on the paper, I spread Moon Dust Glitter Gel on top. Although that product is clear, it takes on the colour of the ink so here, it turned a silver colour. That piece was then set aside to dry.

In the meantime, I stamped two leaves and coloured them in a two-tone colour scheme. They were die cut and the shaker was also assembled. The inside of the shaker is a piece of silver foil paper and the sequins are all orange, turquoise and silver. I stamped a small sentiment as well. 

Once the background piece was dry, I adhered some adhesive foam to the back and die cut it. The shaker was then embedded in the card front. I added the other elements, tied a bow at the top of the leaves, brushed the leaf centres with the Clear Shimmer Brush and added a few enamel gems. 


Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Lagoon Cardstock, Nectarine Cardstock, Silver Foil Paper, Neenah Solar White Cardstock 

Stamps: Blossoming Friendship, Wordfetti

Inks: Intense Black, Lagoon, DO Inks - Black Soot, Peacock Feathers, Tumbled Glass

Accessories: Artbooking Cricut Cartridge, Stencil Sheets, Blossoming Friendship Thin Cuts, Shaker Circle Thin Cuts, Craft Foam (not CTMH), Moon Dust Glitter Gel, Silver Confetti, Turquoise Sequins (not CTMH), Orange Sequins (not CTMH), Teal Twine (not CTMH), Clear Shimmer Brush, Tri-Blend Markers, Orange Enamel Gems 

Enjoy,

Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)