Thursday, February 4, 2021

Standing Wreath Card

What better way to wish someone a happy birthday than with a standing wreath card? 

This one stands up to display a beautiful wreath with a sentiment that appears to be floating in the centre. 

I began with a piece of white cardstock and cut the circles needed to create this wreath. I stamped and coloured lots and lots of images -and then had to go back and stamp MORE images as I didn't have enough to completely cover the front of the wreath. The base is 6" and in hindsight, I should have watched more carefully as I added pieces to the top of the circle as my card is now larger than 6" from top to bottom. Consequently, I will need to mail it in a larger envelope... 

I added shimmer to some of the flowers and the butterflies and I also used gold Stickles for some of the flower centres. Close-ups of a few sections are shown after the main image. 






Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Black Cardstock

Stamps: Sweet Bouquet, Wishing You Everything, Florals and Flutters, Birthday Sparkles 

Inks: Intense Black

Accessories: Basic Circle Thin Cuts, Stitched Circle Thin Cuts, Sweet Bouquet Thin Cuts, Wishing You Everything Thin Cuts, Florals and Flutters Thin Cuts, Tri-Blend Markers, Touch Markers (not CMTH), Acetate (not CTMH), Coluzzle Templates (not CTMH), Circle Dies (Nestabilities), Clear Shimmer Brush, Goldenrod Stickles 

Enjoy,

Alyson

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Alyson, this is an architectural work of art! I love that it's a prototype and you learned from it dimension-wise, but hey, envelopes are easy to custom-make. Just stunning! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! The recipient is very blessed.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)