Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Double Layer Christmas Cards

I was playing around in Design Space today and I welded together some frames and images to create a couple of double layer cards. I though this might be something neat to do... 

The bottom layer (excluding the card base) is the Northern Lights - done with a lot of sponging and very inky fingers! 

The next layer contains the frame and the trees - these were welded together in Design Space to create one image to be cut. It is cut slightly smaller than a standard card size. 

The top layer contains the same size frame, the snow and the deer (and I used two different deer images - one for each card). 

The first card is just layered with no additional embellishments. I did use a stitching guide and punched holes along the frame border for interest and I stamped the word "Peace" at the bottom. This was done for both cards. 


For this card, I chose to create a double layer shaker card. There is acetate over both layers which is what allows the sequins to appear as if they are siding over the trees. Otherwise, this would not be possible. It is really cool to shake this card in real life! 


I have a feeling I may be making more of these types of cards - it wasn't hard to create the frames and I love the results! 

Products used are all Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock
Stamps: Christmas Blessings
Inks: Charcoal, Raspberry, Wisteria, Lagoon, Green Apple, Carolina
Accessories: Cricut - Basic Shapes (not CTMH), You are Here, Artbooking, Piercing Tool, Foam Tape, Loose Silver Sequins, Acetate (not CTMH)

Enjoy,
Alyson


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)