Monday, September 16, 2019

AH 334 - Friendly Butterfly


Welcome to Atlantic Hearts Sketch #334!


I tried a number of different things with this sketch before settling on my final card. Small flowers, rolled flowers, Cricut cut flowers of various types... all of which turned out ok but not end products that particularly pleased me. They all seemed too busy. That's when I decided to take a completely different approach to this sketch and use an existing floral frame and work in some other elements. 

One of the new stamp and thin cut combinations from Close To My Heart is the Every Little Thing - Cardmaking set. It has this gorgeous frame with various sentiments that fit inside. I didn't want to use one of the included sentiments so I went to the September Stamp of the Month (Random Act of Cardness) and chose part of one sentiment and another and combined the two of them. It fit inside the frame perfectly. 

I cut the inside of the frame separately and mounted that on foam tape. The background paper I chose is from Kaisercraft's Greenhouse collection. I coloured the floral parts with appropriate Touch markers and then did the same with the vellum butterfly. The butterfly is mounted on cardstock so it shows up better. I also brushed the flowers and butterfly with the Clear Shimmer Brush. 


Come and join us at Atlantic Hearts and show us how you interpret the sketch shown above. 
You have until Sunday evening to link up your project. 
We can't wait to see what you create! 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: Kaisercraft Greenhouse Collection, White Daisy Cardstock, Sweet Leaf Cardstock, Peach Cardstock, Neenah Solar White Cardstock
Stamps: Every Little Thing - Cardmaking, Random Act of Cardness
Inks: Intense Black, Sweet Leaf, Smoothie
Accessories: Every Little Thing - Cardmaking Thin Cuts, Every Little Thing Vellum Die Cuts, Clear Shimmer Brush, Foam Tape, Touch Markers (not CTMH), Kaisercraft Greenhouse Sticker Collection

Enjoy,
Alyson


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)