Thursday, September 5, 2019

New Product Blog Hop


Welcome to the New Product Blog Hop. 

As you read through the various blogs along this hop, you will see new products from the September/October mini catalog, along with other new products that have been introduced in the Core catalog. The Core catalog runs all year and the mini catalog is valid for a period of two months only. 

You should have arrived here from Miss Carrie's Creations

This blog hop is a circular hop and if you follow it around, you will eventually come back to where you began. If you get lost, a list of all participants can be found here

My favourite paper pack in the mini catalog is Every Little Thing and I KNOW I am not alone. The combination of colours and patterns is just so awesome! 

I don't usually use the PML cards but I decided to order them this time. My intention was to create a few cards using only the PML cards and not the paper pack. Now, I did make one error with that in the cards shown below. On the LAST card, I used a piece of the patterned paper for the card background (oops)... Other than that, all of the images and even the backgrounds for the sentiments were cut from other PML card pieces. I did use one sheet of Wisteria cardstock and scraps of Black cardstock for some pieces. 

The other items used for these cards can be found in my supply list at the bottom. 

Let's take a look...

Card #1
I had to temporarily adhere the edges of the butterfly down for the photo to avoid shadows - normally it sits up as though in flight. The flowers are brushed with the Clear Shimmer Brush but it doesn't show here. 


Card #2
The PML card had the yellow flowers and some leaves already coloured. I had a hard time trying to match the leaf colour. Colouring the flowers in this same style was really tough as it's not my usual style! The smaller one is definitely better in that way... The card front is mounted on black cardstock. 


Card #3
Four PML cards used plus the sentiment from a fifth... 


Card #4
The inside of this PML card was filled with journaling lines so I cut them out and attached the side piece to the end. I coloured all the elements and brushed the flowers with the Clear Shimmer Brush. Sentiment was added on top of another PML card base.


Card #5
This is the card where I used a piece of patterned paper from the paper pack for the background... Everything else is from PML cards except the vellum die cuts and the Wisteria mat. 


There is much that can be done with the Every Little Thing PML Cards. 
I still have several left over. 
I found that the Mint Shimmer Brush seemed to be a better match for many of the cards than the Julep one - Julep is very dark. I tried using the Sapphire Shimmer Brush on the vellum but it ended up looking black because it was also extremely dark... 

I hope you enjoyed my projects. 

The next blog on the hop is Brenda Lapp's blog
I am sure she has something wonderful to share with you! 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated:

Paper: Every Little Thing Paper Pack, Every Little Thing PML Cards, Wisteria Cardstock, Black Cardstock, White Daisy Cardstock, White Daisy Card and Envelopes
Stamps: none
Inks: none
Accessories: Every Little Thing Vellum Die Cuts, Clear Shimmer Brush, Julep Shimmer Brush, Mint Shimmer Brush, Wisteria Shimmer Brush, Foam Tape, Prussian Blue Touch Marker (not CTMH), Tri-Blend Markers - Lavender, Jade Green, Green Turquoise, Dull Green, Ice Grey and Light Yellow, Clear Sparkles, Bitty Sparkles

Enjoy,
Alyson


6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. So many fabulous cards. Alyson, you hit it out of the ballpark with every card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful set of cards you created! Fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards and the pops of colors were just right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your cards! Those PML cards can make so many beautiful cards and yours are no exceptions!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)