Thursday, August 1, 2013

Unit Blog Hop - Featuring New Products!

For the Brae-er's Unit Blog Hop, we are all presenting something using the new products from the Fall/Winter 2013 Idea Book. You should have arrived here from Michelle's site

Since I had the good fortune this summer to teach at Close To My Heart's annual Convention as an Extravaganza presenter, the paper pack that I worked with was Huntington. I love the autumn season so this was right up my alley. 

My choice for this blog hop is one of the new decor pieces. It is the Colonial White chicken wire frame. When I arrived at Convention, I saw several of these frames and not one of them was totally covered like mine... it just never even occurred to me NOT to cover the wire but there are so many possible uses for this frame that I have already ordered another one! 

This photo shows you the entire frame. I used a lot of different techniques. The background paper is from the Huntington Paper Pack and the stamp I used is the new Happy Autumn stamp set. The textiles are the Goldrush from the new Sarita collection but the olive green fabric is from the For Always textile collection. I filled some spray pens with rubbing alcohol, water and reinker and sprayed the white polka dotted fabric until it was the right colour for my project. The far left side is very carefully pleated and taped down. You can see that better in the detailed photo below. 


 Then I taped a piece of the sprayed textile around itself until I had a flat edge and no rough edges were showing as I needed to cover the pleats of the Sarita textiles. After that came the stamped images and the pine cones and sticks - all attached with hot glue.


 The great thing about this frame is that I can exchange pictures whenever I want. I have about 6 different autumn photos, all mounted on the same size of cardstock and all I have to do is carefully loosen the clips, slide out the original photo and slide the new one in. You could add several photos to a layout like this if you wanted. This is just one other photo that I have to use in this frame...


The products I used are as follows: 

Paper: Huntington Paper Pack, Olive Cardstock, Colonial White Cardstock
Stamps: Happy Autumn
Inks: Pigment Inks: Barn Red, Autumn Terracotta, Olive, New England Ivy, Olive Reinker
Accessories: Designed Decor Colonial White Frame, Hook Clips, Sarita Textiles, For Always Textiles, Spray Pens, Rubbing Alcohol, Water, Pinking Shears, Needle and Thread, Foam Tape, Hot Glue Gun, Glue Dots, Pine Cones, Sticks 

The next Consultant's site to visit is Heather S's site. I'm sure she has something awesome planned for you to see as usual! If you started here, be sure to check out the rest of our team's awesome creations as you travel around the full circle! 


Enjoy, 
Alyson

8 comments:

  1. Alyson, this is so pretty. I find myself getting excited for Autumn now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful!!! I think the Huntington paper pack is one of my favourites so far. I too love the gorgeous colours of fall!!! Keep creating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice. love the stamp set that goes with this paper and your photos are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favourite paper right now. I love your pictures too.I need to see this up close as I am sure the details are even more spectacular than what I see here. Great job as always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Today is 9.28.13, and this is the first time I've seen this post! Don't know how I missed it, but I did.

    Glad I saw it now :) .... Alyson, I must say, I NEVER would have guessed this was the chicken wire frame! I haven't seen another one that's been TOTALLY covered either, at least none that I know of..... And I must also say, that of all of the decorated chicken wire frames I have seen, I absolutely think yours is the BEST!!.... Lovely :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)