Thursday, August 15, 2013

Extravaganza Artwork - Cards 2

Today's selection of cards is an eclectic mixture from a variety of stamp sets. I spent a lot of time on Pinterest before I even received my supplies, printing patterns that I liked, since that is how I prefer to create. One of the cards - the first one - is almost a direct copy of a card that I found on Pinterest but instead of using a stamp for the branches, I chose to us real branches instead. The majority of the  remainder are based on patterns.  

So, here is that first card, using real branches. I also used our new Green Glitter Paper as my photo mounts. 
The next card was created using the arrows in the Stickease package. I wanted them to be various widths so I just cut them down. However, I needed a couple of packages to get the length I needed. A couple of leaves cut from the Artbooking Cartridge and detailed with our markers and some Baker's Twine and a very simple card came together very easily.
The Happy Autumn stamp set is one of my favourites and I love taking individual images from it and building on them like on this next card. I just continued to stamp the flowers beside each other until I ran out of room. The stitching guide gave me this gorgeous outline on the top and bottom. 
This next card is one that is from a pattern that I found that is in my "will definitely use again" file. It was a lot of fun to make! The stamp is You Only Live Once, one of our Hostess Stamps. I love the way the hexagons kind of peek out from the sides and some of the flowers in the Floret collection of flowers and leaves go so well with the Huntington papers, too! 
I found myself using a lot of New England Ivy with this paper pack. Although it calls for Olive, I like the darker tone of the New England Ivy, especially when I needed more than one green.
The last card is a pattern I have used a few times before. The sentiment comes from the Love This stamp set and the only embellishments I added were from the Slate Mini-Medley Collection. 

Products used are all Close To My Heart unless otherwise noted: 

Paper: Huntington Paper Pack, Champagne Cardstock, New England Ivy Cardstock, Barn Red Cardstock, Colonial White Cardstock, Olive Cardstock, Honey Cardstock, Autumn Terracotta Cardstock, White Daisy Cardstock, Cocoa Cardstock, Green Glitter Paper 
Stamps: Happy Autumn, You Only Live Once, Love This, Count Your Blessings
Inks: New England Ivy, Autumn Terracotta, Desert Sand, Cocoa, Barn Red, New England Ivy Pigment Ink, Alcohol Markers - Olive, Honey, Barn Red, Autumn Terracotta
Accessories: Artbooking Cartridge, Artiste Cartridge Cartridge, Art Philosophy Cartridge, Huntington Stickease, Slate Mini-Medley Collection, Harvest Baker's Twine, Foam Tape, Bronze Shimmer Trim, Stitch Guide and Foam Mat, Dark Brown Embroidery Floss (not CTMH), Irresistibles Hexagons, Floret Paper Shapes, Clear Detail Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Jute Ribbon

Enjoy, 
Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)