Monday, August 5, 2013

Extravaganza Layout - Artbooking

This was one of the layouts that I created for my Extravaganza boards using the new Artbooking Cricut Cartridge. I used only the "B" key and, true to the design, printed almost everything out at the same size (I believe it was 11.5 inches). I wanted my photo mats to be a little larger, though, as I already had a layout design in mind.

I love the autumn season in Ontario - the colours on the tress cannot be matched by anything else in nature and I love to get out there with my camera and find the most colourful ones. We see tourists from all over the world in this area for the leaf viewing, especially in late September and early October. I wouldn't give up living here for anything - the change of the four seasons is amazing! 

On this layout, for the tree overlay, I actually flipped it as it was supposed to sit in the opposite direction. I cut it out a second time on glitter paper so I could fill in the blanks using that paper. The borders had to be cut several times as they are not long borders but had to be pieced together. 

I love stitching on my cards and layouts and the stitching around the outside of this layout was done in two alternating colours. I used the stitching guide for 3 of the other 4 flourishes and the 4th one, I used one of the pearl flourishes as my base. That was a lot more difficult than I anticipated! 

The leaves were stamped with either "Happy Autumn" or "Love This" just to add some interest. The Rosewood Mini-Medley Collection gos perfectly with the Huntington paper and I used a lot of those little decorative ornaments on this layout.

The entire layout is shown first, followed by each individual page. 



Supplies used are all Close To My Heart (unless otherwise noted):

Paper: Huntington Paper Pack, Champagne Cardstock, Autumn Terracotta Cardstock, Cocoa Cardstock, Barn Red Cardstock, Desert Sand Cardstock, Honey Cardstock Cardstock, Olive Cardstock, Green Glitter Paper, Brown and Tan Glitter Paper
Stamps: Happy Autumn, Love This
Inks: Honey, Barn Red, Autumn Terracotta, Olive
Accessories, Artbooking Cartridge, Stitch Guide and Foam Mat, Bronze Shimmer Tape, Piercing Tool, Foam Tape, Rosewood Mini Medley, Embroidery Floss (Olive, Autumn Terracotta - not CTMH)

Enjoy, 
Alyson

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alyson.... first let me say I'm glad you're OK and on the mend. So sorry to hear all you've been through recently. Wishing you a speedy recovery from your surgery later this month, too. Glad you're back and creating again....

    Which brings me to this gorgeous layout you've made.... totally awesome (and 'pinned')! WOW, just beautiful... this Huntington paper goes so well with those lovely autumn colors in your photos. And the 'glitter' tree and stitched flourishes?... uber cool :) This is my favorite Huntington layout I've seen so far, and others will have a difficult time bumping it to 2nd place in my book! Thanks for all the inspiration you share. It's very much appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)