Friday, July 1, 2011

Iris Fold Card

I am just about ready to climb into bed for the night - at 8:30... been a really busy day. My husband and I repotted about 50 houseplants today, and then went to our city's Canada Day festivities downtown. Between the hot sun, the hard work, and preparing for a workshop that I am having tomorrow morning, I am exhausted!

I did this iris fold card a while ago and haven't had a chance to try another design. Once you figure out the basics, it isn't that difficult, but it is time consuming. I don't know that the photo shows the intricate detail of the folds. I used foil paper for the folding part and that helped to keep the card fairly thin with all the folded layers. 

We have a new water heater and gas barbecue to assemble in the coming days so I may not be back here for a few days. Enjoy the beautiful sunny weather and the long weekend, be it in Canada or the US!

Enjoy, 
Alyson

All products used are CTMH unless otherwise noted
Paper: White Daisy cardstock, Gypsy cardstock
Stamps: Friendship Blessings
Inks: Lagoon, Gypsy, Cotton Candy
Accessories: Pansy Purple Organdy Ribbon, White Flower (Michaels), Turquoise Stickles, Foil Paper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)