Friday, September 6, 2024

MTTC 542 - Just for You Anemone

 Welcome to My Time to Craft Challenge 542!

The theme for this challenge is to use texture. 

I created a background using oxide sprays and stencilled the bricks onto it. Right away, the colour was showing through the bricks so once the paste dried, I stencilled over it again - and the colour STILL showed through. I realized that since oxide inks are water reactive, anything wet added on top of them will take on the ink colour. I had to start a second time and this time, I used other inks and smooshed the paper into them. I wanted a teal, pink and purple background. Once that was dry, I stencilled the bricks again using texture paste and it turned out so much better! 

The anemone was die cut from white cardstock and I added some light purple ink around the centre. The sentiment was placed across the card and the anemone was added at the left. No embellishments were added as the flower is the focal point. 

Come and join us at MTTC and show us your projects with texture. 

You have two weeks to link up your project. 

We can't wait to see what you create!

Enjoy, 

Alyson

2 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful background and anemone, love the textured stencilled wall.
Carol x

Aimeslee Winans said...

The floral center looks like it is diamond encrusted, so pretty. My colors, so I'm drawn in. Yup, really frustrating what water-reactive materials do. Makes us have to think it out and reduce the fun factor, xoxo