Tuesday, April 20, 2021

TSOT 503 - Daisy Flap Card

Welcome to this week's Try Stampin' on Tuesday sketch challenge! 

The theme (in addition to the sketch) is April Showers.

I didn't use the additional theme and I took some liberties with the sketch. The vertical lines on my card are moved toward the edges rather than in the centre to accommodate the flap card that I created. 

The collage shows the three different views of this card. The flap opens on the front to reveal a smaller section and then the entire card opens to allow a space to write a message. 

The Daisy Meadows paper pack was perfect for this card. I used the Daisy Meadows Scrapbbooking stamp set with thin cuts to create the flowers and leaves. The flowers on the front were stamped and die cut. On the inside, I masked the flowers to create some depth. I purposely kept the flowers white and used a light grey marker to add some shading. The front flip piece was mounted on a scalloped circle die. 

Come and join us at TSOT and show us how you interpret the sketch shown above. 

You have two weeks to link up your project. 

We can’t wait to see what you create! 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: Daisy Meadows Patterned Paper, White Daisy Cardstock, Mint Cardstock, Peacock Cardstock

Stamps: Daisy Meadows Scrapbooking, Daisy Meadows Cardmaking, Word Up (Reverse Confetti)

Inks: Intense Black, Peacock, Mint, Peach

Accessories: Daisy Meadows Scrapbooking This Cuts, Scalloped Circle Thin Cut, Stitched Circles Thin Cuts, Daisy Meadows Dots, Black Journaling Pen, Clear Shimmer Brush

Enjoy,

Alyson

2 comments:

  1. Awesome card, Alyson! I love your flowers and the flap element. Thanks for inspiring me today. Perhaps I'll find some time to try this.
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome fold, Alyson! First time I've seen it, since this is first time I've seen, I want to name it the This and That Fold, heehee. Because you have this fold and then that fold! Makes a gorgeous card when you're involved! XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)