Thursday, April 29, 2021

Butterfly Circle Birthday Card (Slimline)

This card has an interesting story... I purchased a slimline circle die (the background) and cut it out a few days ago. I didn't realize that the die has no outside border - none. It only cuts the circles! I cut 4 of them - one in white and the other three in shades of turquoise to use for the background. I used a separate stitched rectangle die to cut around the white circle piece. 

Using the little circles, I placed them in all the openings in a repeating pattern. That piece was then mounted on a few other rectangles, all die cut. 

The butterfly is from a set of dies that will be available through Close To My Heart as of May 1 - they are stunning! There are two sizes and the one seen here is the large one. I die cut the background and then the second die twice - once in Lagoon cardstock and a second time from holographic paper. I paper pieced the holographic paper inside the second die cut to give a shiny effect. 

The butterfly was mounted on the card front and I added a narrow birthday sentiment. Much work - but so worth it! 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Mint Cardstock, Lagoon Cardstock, Peacock Cardstock, Oasis Holographic Paper 

Stamps: Word Up (Reverse Confetti) 

Inks: Peacock

Accessories: Layered Butterflies Thin Cuts, Stitched Slimline Dies (Pink and Main), Layered Slimline Dies (Pink and Main), Slim Stitched Rectangle Essential Dies (Pink Fresh Studio), Large Circles Background Die (Creative Expressions), Thin Foam Tape 

Enjoy,

Alyson


1 comment:

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)