Saturday, April 10, 2021

Cherry Blossoms Note...

A friend of mine posted a sketch on her FB page and I decided to participate. 

The sketch was very specific regarding sizes and placement of shapes. I am used to taking liberties with sketches but that wasn't an option with this one. 

I wanted to use a bright colour combined with woodgrain. The floral image was stamped and coloured and the background paper was selected to match the marker colour. That was embossed and mounted on a black background as the other mats were also black. I stamped a sentiment on vellum and embossed it with white powder. A few black enamel dots were added and I brushed the flowers with the Clear Shimmer Brush.


Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: Woodgrain Paper Pack, White Daisy Cardstock, Black Cardstock, Vellum, Misc. Coloured Paper, Neenah Solar White Cardstock

Stamps: Fragrant Flowers (Penny Black), Sentiment Collection (Penny Black) 

Inks: Intense Black, Archival Black, Versamark 

Accessories: White Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Enamel Dots, Rose Embossing Folder, Tri-Blend Markers, Clear Shimmer Brush

Enjoy,

Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)