Saturday, April 17, 2021

Butterfly Acetate Card

I recently saw this technique in a Facebook group and I cannot recall who designed it... otherwise, I would definitely provide credit to that individual. 

This card has an acetate insert that allows it to appear like the butterflies are almost floating. It's such a neat technique! I coloured the butterflies and brushed them with the Clear Shimmer Brush to add some shimmer. 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: Mix-In Paper Pack, White Daisy Cardstock, Bluebird Cardstock, Neenah Solar White Cardstock, Acetate

Stamps: Daisy Meadows Scrapbooking, Flowers for You, Butterflies for You

Inks: Intense Black, Archival Black

Accessories: Daisy Meadows Scrapbooking Thin Cuts, Butterflies for You Thin Cuts, Tri-Blend Markers, Blue Glitter Gem, Clear Shimmer Brush 

Enjoy,

Alyson

2 comments:

  1. wOW, Alyson, this IS cool. If I hadn't seen the acetate's shadow on the wood planks, I'd have never known it was there. Beautiful work, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I was completely stumped how this floating card worked until I re-read the title. Simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)