Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Starburst Slimline Card

Layering stencils are a great way to create a background that would be impossible to do otherwise. For this card, I used a set of slimline layering stencils that create a starburst. There are three stencils and the white spaces are intended to be there - it makes the starburst look more natural. 

I used a wide variety of Distress Oxide inks to do this - and it took a long time and much patience. I didn't have three shades of some colours so I had to improvise the best I could. 

The sentiment was masked and stamped in two colours. I also added some flowers at the bottom to fill in the blank space on the sentiment piece. That was mounted with foam tape and I also brushed the flowers with the Clear Shimmer Brush. I chose a colour that was within the starburst (Clover) to mat the sentiment and the entire card front. The starburst was die cut using a stitched slimline die. I added a few gold sequins to finish off the card. 


Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Clover Cardstock

Stamps: Hey, Hi, Hello and Cherry Blossoms

Inks: Grape, Nectarine, Intense Black, DO inks: Spun Sugar, Kitsch Flamingo, Picked Raspberry, Abandoned Coral, Festive Berries, Candied Apple, Fired Brick, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Squeezed Lemonade, Shaded Lilac, Wilted Violet, Seedless Preserves, Mowed Lawn, Evergreen Bough, Lucky Clover, Pine Needles, Tumbled Glass, Peacock Feathers, Blueprint Sketch

Accessories: Stitched Fancy Brackets Thin Cuts, Stitched Slimline Dies (Pink and Main), Slimline Layering Starburst Stencils (Pink Fresh Studios), Tri-Blend Markers, Loose Gold Sequins, Clear Shimmer Brush, Gunmetal Stickles (not CTMH), Foam Tape

Enjoy,

Alyson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)