Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Feels Like Home card collection

There are watercolour floral papers available from Close To My Heart that you can colour using a variety of mediums. These flowers coordinate with the Feels Like Home paper pack. They can be used on cards, scrapbook pages or whatever suits your fancy. 

I decided to colour these images using two different mediums. For one set, I used the Sugarplum Shimmer Brush and watercolour pencils along with the Clear Shimmer Brush. For the second set, I use markers - and I'll show close ups of both to show you the difference as there is a definite difference both in colour and finish. 

I used the elements to create a set of eight cards that will be packaged together as a set of gift cards. A mix of those are shown below. 


The first close up shows one of the florals coloured using markers. I had a hard time creating a match to the Sugarplum colour. After several attempts, I found that a ShinHan Marker placed down first and left to dry, then followed by a Copic marker on top gave me the closest match I could find. I then went back with the ShinHan marker and went over the black shading lines and that lightened them slightly. I really like that look! The leaves were done with two ShinHan markers - a lighter and darker shade and bended together. These leaves are small but that is easier to see on the larger leaves on other flowers. 


The other method I used was to colour the flowers in using just the Sugarplum Shimmer Brush. It can really vary in colour, depending whether you have recently pressed the sides to bring more colour into the end of the pen... I went over this flower a second time to deepen the colour and you can see the sections that were not touched a second time as they are significantly lighter. The leaves were coloured in the centres using Derwent watercolour pencils and blended outwards using the Clear Shimmer Brush. 


Either way, there are two very different results but pretty cards. There are also different interpretations of what may be leaves vs flower parts on some of these flowers... definitely open to opinion. 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: Feels Like Home Paper Pack, Sugarplum Cardstock, Mink Cardstock, Charcoal Cardstock, New England Ivy Cardstock, Fern Cardstock, Sugarplum Glitter Paper, White Cards and Envelopes
Stamps: Card Captions
Inks: Charcoal
Accessories: Feel Like Home Watercolour Dir-Cuts, Sugarplum Glitter Gems, Mink Twine, Sugarplum Shimmer Brush, Clear Shimmer Brush, Bashful Shimmer Brush, Foam Tape, Thin Foam Tape, Derwent Watercolour Pencils, ShinHan Markers (other), Copic Marker, Olive Ribbon (SU), Grey Mix Ribbon (unknown), Grey Organdy Ribbon (unknown), Rectangular Stitched Dies (GMD) 

Enjoy,
Alyson


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)