Monday, February 18, 2019

AH 304 - Today a Friend... card


Welcome to Atlantic Hearts Challenge 304!

I love this sketch! It's so simple and straightforward, BUT it can also open doors to be interpreted in much more detail than what initially appears. Those kinds of sketches are terrific. 

I chose to keep it simple - relatively. My card actually took some time, and I forgot to do some things that I wanted to do, but that's life. 

I used a stamp set that I been wanting to use for some time. My first attempt didn't work because I tried to stamp a couple of the images side by side but when they overlapped, the flowers didn't look very nice. Once was enough on each side. I wanted the flowers embossed in gold because I wanted a gold background. Blue works so well with gold, which is why I chose to colour the flowers in shades of blue. Tiny white pearls were randomly placed around the flowers and in the centre of the larger flowers. This sentiment is one that I love.



Come and join us at Atlantic Hearts and show us how you interpret the sketch shown above. 
You have until Sunday evening to link up your project. 

Products used are as follows: 

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Sapphire Cardstock, Carolina Cardstock, Gold Foil Paper, White Cards and Envelopes (all CTMH)
Stamps: Fragrant Flowers (Penny Black), Part of My Story (SU)
Inks: Versamark, Sapphire (both CTMH)
Accessories: Gold Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Bitty Pearls, Thin Foam Tape (all CTMH), Cricut Basic Shapes, Copic Marker, ShinHan Markers

Enjoy,
Alyson




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)