Friday, July 13, 2018

Colour Dare 301 - Interactive Tea Card


Welcome to Challenge #301 at Colour Dare!

Our colour combination this week is a pretty basic one - essentially red, green and yellow (Poppy, Willow and Lemon) plus optional Gold. In the Close To My Heart palette, those colours are bright ones - so I went to the Adventure Fundamentals for my papers, as well as some cardstock. 

I wanted to use the Beautiful Friendship - Cardmaking stamp set, which is all about tea, to make my card and I had an idea in mind. It took me a while to figure out what I wanted to do and I also didn't want to use an existing template. Figuring out things like this takes me a LONG time because I have always been "spatially challenged". Thinking in terms of three dimensional items (although this is not really 3-D) has never been a strength for me. This is my own design and I really had to think about how to make this work. 

There are several views shown so you get the entire picture of how this card is put together. The front is a partial panel. It is attached with a hook and loop dot and opens sideways to reveal the second part of the card.


Inside the second part, I embossed the teapot and cups using gold embossing powder and coloured the flowers using Sharpie markers. I didn't want the left side to be left blank so I stamped a white sheet using the teapot interior and coloured all of those tiny flowers (talk about having googly eyes afterwards because that is very detailed work...) 


I have also shown a closeup of the embossed teapot so you can see the detail of the gold embossed teapot and the colouring of the tiny flowers.


The last part of the card flips entirely upwards to reveal a place to hold two teabags and a spot to write a message. 


The last photo shows the card sitting closed (but without the hook and loop dot closed) to show you how it is put together. 


Come and join us at Colour Dare and show us how you use the colour palette shown below. 
You have two weeks to enter your project. 


I am also linking this card into the Three Amigos challenge as their 
challenge this month is embossing. 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: Adventure Fundamentals, Poppy Fundamental Paper (ret.), White Daisy Cardstock, Willow Cardstock, Poppy Cardstock
Stamps: Beautiful Friendship - Cardmaking
Inks: Poppy, Willow, Black, Versamark
Accessories: Gold Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Gold Glitter Gems, Sharpie Markers (not CTMH), Rectangular Stitched Dies (not CTMH), Circle Stitched Dies (not CTMH), Scallop Border Dies (ret.),  Hook and Loop Dots, Black Journaling Pen, Tea Bags (not CTMH)

Enjoy,
Alyson



5 comments:

  1. oh all that coloring was so worth it...beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, a lot of work and time spent on your own creation...love everything about it, the coloring and embossing of the teapots and your fold card to open to a pocket for tea bags. Can tell a lot of work put into your project, and ended up awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a fun card! Love how it keeps opening. I'll have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!! Alyson, I love your cool interactive card! I also love how you used the gold embossing and then colored all the flowers!! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cool card! Love all of the gold embossing too! Very pretty! Thanks so much for playing along at Three Amigos!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)