Sunday, July 15, 2018

Cross Canada Blog Hop - Central Park

Welcome to the Cross Canada Blog Hop! 

If you have arrived here from Brae Montgomery's blog, you are on the right path. If you want to start at the beginning of the blog hop, then start at Michelle Stewart's blog
This blog hop runs from East to West across Canada! 

This month, we are featuring the Central Park Paper Pack. This is a paper pack that is focused on primary colours - red, green, yellow and blue. It also has shades of white and grey and even our Colour of the Year, Bashful. 

I want to show two very different sides of this paper pack for this blog hop. I have not use this paper pack much at all because in all honesty, it is my least favourite paper pack of the ones that are currently available. However, I have used up almost all of just two papers in it - and had just enough of those two paper left to do this first card. It is certainly not what most people would think of when they see the papers in this paper pack. The papers of Central Park are bold and bright and this card is not that style at all. 

For the flowers, I used the Beautiful You stamp set - a triple stamping set. I cut one of the zip strips in half for the border and used Mink cardstock for my card base. The dots are from the Documented Dots collection as they matched perfectly. The flowers and leaf stems were brushed with the Clear Shimmer Brush - a close up is shown under the card photo. 



My second card is more like the typical Central Park papers - bold and bright. I tried everything to get the twine to lie flat but finally let it go where it wanted... 


I hope these two cards show you that the Central Park Paper Pack has two distinct personalities. 

The next blog on this hop is Brandi Robinson's blog
I am sure she has something wonderful to share with you. 

Please join us next month when we will feature projects using the Documented Paper Pack. 
Note: the date will be August 10th instead of the 15th

Products used are all Close To My Heart

Paper: Central Park Paper Pack, White Daisy Cardstock, Mink Cardstock, Willow Cardstock, Bashful Glitter Paper, Pacifica Cardstock, Poppy Cardstock
Stamps: Beautiful You, Birthday Sparkles
Inks: Willow, Raspberry, Blossom, Bashful
Accessories: Documented Dots, Clear Shimmer Brush, Beautiful You Thin Cuts, Oval Thin Cuts, Stitched Oval Thin Cuts, Corner Rounder, Central Park Sequins, Sapphire Burlap Ribbon

Enjoy,
Alyson

7 comments:

  1. Both cards are great but that first one is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are fantastic, I would never of guessed that they were from the same paper pack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These ards are BEAUTIFUL! I just lOve them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty cards! Love how it is one paper pack and yet two very different cards! So versatile.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)