Friday, June 15, 2018

Colour Dare 297 - Just Because


Welcome to another Colour Dare Challenge! 

This week, it's an interesting colour combination... Glacier, Nutmeg and Sorbet. Being honest, two of these aren't my favourite colours and I rarely use them (Sorbet and Nutmeg) but together, they look really good because they both have orange undertones. Glacier has a blue undertone (obviously) and they work remarkably well as a group of three - I was very surprised. 

I embossed a piece of Nutmeg cardstock using a deep woodgrain embossing folder - unfortunately, that barely shows up in the photo. The Glacier piece along the bottom was punched using a border punch that I have had for ages and not used in years! I Cricut cut the doily behind the flower and I brushed the lines of the flower with the Clear Shimmer Brush. This card is so much prettier in real life than in the photo.




Come and join us at Colour Dare and show us how you use the colours shown above. You have two weeks to link up your project. 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: Whimsy Fundamentals, White Daisy Cardstock, Glacier Cardstock, Sorbet Cardstock, Nutmeg Cardstock
Stamps: Say it All (ret.), Keep Dreaming (ret.)
Inks: Glacier, Tuxedo Black Memento Ink
Accessories: Artiste Cartridge (ret.), Woodgrain Embossing Folder (SU), Border Punch (not CTMH), ShinHan Markers, Clear Shimmer Brush

Enjoy,
Alyson




4 comments:

  1. Love your card! The lacy details really set a nice stage for your flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the doily behind the flower and how it ties in with the glacier die cut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card and all the texture that the cricut cuts add!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the embossed background, layout of your card and the mixture and distribution of the colors in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)