Monday, June 18, 2018

H2H - Copycat for a BIG Thank You!


Welcome to another Heart 2 Heart Challenge! 

This week, we are challenging you to find something in the Seasonal Expressions 2 catalog and make it your own - hence the title of the challenge, which is "Copycat". If you don't have a copy of the catalog, there is a link on the right side of my blog - it is the orange catalog - and you can browse the catalog there for ideas. 

I have been wanting to use one of the two large dies that were just introduced in this catalog - so I chose the A Big Thank You die. The sample project is located on page 69 in the catalog and it looks like this: 

I waned to do my project in a monochromatic theme, using shades of blue-green. I was able to use almost all current papers, except for one. I couldn't find a decent Lagoon pattern. The Adventure Fundamentals had the rose pattern and the watercolour pattern, neither which worked well here. I did use the watercolour pattern for the interior heart. I ended up going to the Calypso paper pack for the Lagoon piece as it looked the best. I found the Glacier papers in the Fresh Air and Central Park paper packs and the Peacock piece in the Documented paper pack. 


I played around with the placement of each piece and surprisingly, I like the Peacock piece on the top the best. I wasn't even going to use that paper as I thought it would be too dark. Sometimes, it takes trying different things to see what it looks like! I also used Black Glitter Paper for the background as it stands out more than just plain black cardstock. I added some black gems to one card and decided that they were too much and left them off the other cards. 

Come and join us at Heart 2 Heart and show us which artwork you decided to copy and then make your own. You have until the end of June to enter this or any of the June challenges. 

Products used are all Close To My Heart

Paper: Documented Paper Pack, Central Park Paper Pack, Fresh Air Paper Pack, Calypso Paper Pack (ret.), Adventure Fundamentals, Black Glitter Paper, White Cards and Envelopes
Stamps: none
Inks: none
Accessories: Black and White Dots, A Big Thanks You Die

Enjoy,
Alyson




SaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)