Monday, June 11, 2018

AH 268 - Be Brave, Be Bold... Single Layer Card


Welcome to Challenge #268 at Atlantic Hearts! 

It's a very interesting sketch this week... if interpreted exactly, we will have a lot of birds in the challenge but remember - a sketch is a starting point only! 

I chose first to turn the sketch around 90 degrees. Second, I decided to replace the bird with a large sentiment and the pine branches with flowers and leaves that surrounded the sentiment. I still wanted the white space at the bottom and I wanted a small sentiment there as well - accomplished all of those things. I don't create single layer cards very often but the only embellishment on my card are little gems in the centre of the flowers. I also used just two markers - and simply doubled or tripled the colouring to darken some sections. I stamped using regular ink, so I had to be extra careful to try not to touch the lines as I was colouring to avoid bleeding. 

I actually wanted to colour the flowers red but there is that ever present dilemma that red flowers with green leaves will look like Christmas... Anyone else struggle with that? 



Come and join us at Atlantic Hearts and show us your interpretation of the sketch shown above. You have until Sunday evening to link up your project. 

Products used are Close To My Heart unless otherwise indicated: 

Paper: White Daisy Cardstock, Lagoon Cardstock
Stamps: Beautiful You, Be You, Bamboo Roses (Altenew)
Inks: Peacock
Accessories: ShinHan Markers. Aqua Gems (ret.)

Enjoy,
Alyson




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)