Monday, June 25, 2018

AH 270 - Happy Times Friend Card


Welcome to Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #270! 

I love this week's sketch - for that matter, I love most of the Atlantic Hearts sketches! There are always so many possibilities with the sketches. This week, though, I chose to stay very true to the sketch because I had something in mind as soon as I saw it. 

Right away, it reminded me of the Happy Times stamp set that I used on my card. I also love the sentiment stamp that I used as well. There are terrific sentiments in that particular stamp collection and I have cut so many of them to fit on various cards but this one was perfect for this card.  Quite a while ago, I saw a card on Pinterest that used the sequins along the bottom but I don't know who did it - I wish I did, so I knew who to credit with that fabulous idea! I placed a thin strip of gold paper behind the ribbon, just to set it off a little bit. The sequins are actually white but were coloured with a marker. 



Come and join us at Atlantic Hearts and show us how you interpret the sketch shown above. You have until Sunday evening to link up your project. 

Products used are all Close To My Heart

Paper: Happy Times Paper Pack, White Daisy Cardstock, Raspberry Cardstock
Stamps: Happy Times (ret.), A Friend Like You (ret.)
Inks: Fern, Raspberry, Tangerine, Canary
Accessories: Thin Foam Tape, White Sequins (ret.), ShinHan Marker, Whimsy Ribbon Collection

Enjoy,
Alyson


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment - it truly makes me smile :)